The Catholic Independent Schools of the Nelson Diocese (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
St. Mary's Catholic School (Cranbrook, BC) invites applications at this time for:
Certified Education Assistant
Effective: Full Time for the 2021-2022 School Year
St. Mary's Catholic School is a place where students are truly nurtured in a safe, caring learning community. Students are challenged to grow and develop academically, spiritually, emotionally and physically in an atmosphere that models good citizenship, connection and extensive leadership opportunities. Our committed team of educators are united by a common vision to provide a supportive environment where each child is known by all staff and welcomed daily, building a solid foundation of preparation for middle years and beyond. We are in search of a Certified Education Assistant to join our team in support of these core values, adding to our reputation for excellence.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Training specific to the role (Educational Assistant)
- Additional training in Applied Behavioral Analysis/Intervention, Autism Spectrum Disorder and CPI are an asset
- Successful Educational Assistant experience
- Ability to foster a positive working relationship with children and families, colleagues and administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- First Aid Training Certificate is an asset
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation, please provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume listing special certificates, licenses, honours and awards (for the position being advertised)
- Certificates and Post Secondary Transcripts (for the position being advertised)
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
Catholic Applicants must include:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism or RCIA Certificate
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable
As a condition of employment, successful candidates must complete Diocesan Safe Environment training and will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License