Dance Teacher Teaching On Call (TTOC)
The North Vancouver School District (NVSD) is not only “the natural place to learn”, it is also “the natural place to work”. Our mandate is to provide world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student and bring communities together to learn, share, and grow. With almost 2500 staff members, the district’s 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools provide a safe, culturally diverse, and nurturing environment for approximately 16,000 students.
Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the NVSD is a great place to start or continue your career
A Bachelor of Education Degree (Secondary) specializing in Physical Education and/or Human Kinetics.
Successful experience teaching Dance at the Secondary Level.
Certification and/or successful experience teaching hip hop, jazz, and Salsa.
If interested in applying, we will require the following documents:
- Completed application form (complete/answer all questions and sections)
- A minimum of three(3) professional references with names, titles, and email addresses. References need to have witnessed your teaching skills and abilities.
- Cover letter
- Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation
- Copy of your transcripts or grades summary
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a BC Teaching Certificate in the BC Teacher Regulation Branch
- Possession of a TQS Category Card with Teacher Qualification Service
- A member of the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association and the BC Teachers’ Federation.
*** We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who possess the required qualifications as
submitted and short-listed will be contacted. ***