Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
IT Application Developer (Information Technology Support B)
Department: Learning Information Technology (LIT)
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Position Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 7 hours/day
Salary: $59,459.40 (+ extensive benefits package and pension)
In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement, monitor, troubleshoot, maintain and support district applications and websites
- Develop and administer Microsoft 365 applications across the Microsoft Power Platform in a DevOps environment
- Establish procedures and write specifications and documentation for technical and user audiences
- Plan and coordinate LIT projects and serve as a technical resource on inter-divisional project teams
- Develop and communicate messages for diverse audiences
- Provide advanced technical support to LIT team members and clients
- Install technology hardware and software including updates
- Advise, train and provide direction to LIT team members
- Perform information technology support to the District
- Perform other duties within the job band as assigned
- Grade 12 plus minimum two-year diploma and one year of other training/certification in a relevant technology discipline
- Minimum of three years’ experience required in a relevant computer/technology discipline
- Experience in the full cycle application development process utilizing current versions of tools such as C#, CSS, HTML and PowerShell
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and experience in designing/delivering presentations
- Experience developing web applications in an O365 DevOps environment is preferred
- Must be able to meet the following assessment: hands-on 1 hour series of tasks/problems (70%+).
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted**
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
1. If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
2. Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
3. You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.