District On Call (DOC) - French Immersion Teacher
WHO WE ARE
From coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our 25 elementary and 7 secondary schools, 2600 staff and 16,000 students offer a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration. Noted for its progressive approach to instruction, firm belief in Inclusive Education, advocacy for indigenizing learning, and emphasis on social-emotional learning, the North Vancouver School District is a great place to learn, share and grow!
The North Vancouver School District offers a variety of options for French Immersion education with the goal of producing well-educated, functionally-bilingual students. Students in the program achieve a level of learning in all subject areas equivalent to that achieved by students in the English program. Working with students who are not native French speakers, you will be responsible for teaching all subjects in French.
As a DOC you will be employed full-time and called out for daily or extended assignments.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Excellent verbal, written, facilitation and organizational skills.
- Displays social-emotional competencies of self-awareness, empathy, flexibility, relationship-building and responsible decision-making.
- Within a collaborative environment, develop a comprehensive understanding of curriculum with the ability to influence instruction, assessment, indigenous education and social-emotional learning practices.
- Ability to implement effective strategies to engage and support academic success for all learners in an inclusive environment
- Experience in designing and applying various assessment techniques to measure and monitor student progress.
- Committed to professional development with a desire to learn and implement new methodologies and strategies to provide a creative, engaged, and inclusive classroom experience.
- Demonstrated ability to apply relevant computer technologies to teaching and learning.
- Collaborates with students, parents and staff to enhance the school as a learning community.
- A valid BC Teaching certificate or eligibility for certification through the BC Teacher Regulation Branch (TRB)
- An Bachelor of Education Degree (Elementary) from a recognized university specializing in French Immersion Education.
- Successful experience teaching French Immersion at the Elementary level.
- Native-like fluency in French and English.
- Successful completion of senior university course work in French Immersion methodology or completion of a French Immersion Training program.
- Experience in and knowledge of content and processes contained with the Elementary French Immersion Language curriculum.
How to apply to this posting:
- Create your profile on Make A Future,
- To apply click "APPLY ONLINE" at the bottom of the posting.
- Please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package.
- Please complete all the sections including Experience, Education & References and answer all the corresponding questions.
- Minimum of three (3) professional teaching references who have observed your work as a teacher.
- For each referee, please include the names, titles, and email addresses and your professional relationship.
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary
All candidates are required to submit to a BC Ministry Criminal Record Check and a local Police Criminal Record Check as condition of employment.
At the North Vancouver School District, our values guide what we do. We support diversity and inclusion in our workplaces and schools; we welcome and respect the diverse backgrounds, experiences and talents of all our employees and students.
We value the opportunity to learn, share and grow on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish people, specifically the Skwxwú7mesh Nation and Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
*All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship.
** The North Vancouver School District values the time you have taken to submit your application; however, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.**