School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
Invites applications for the position of:
HVAC Mechanic II
Temporary Full Time – 40 hours a week
Afternoon Shift – 15:15 – 23:45
Coquitlam School District invites applications from individuals for the position of Temporary HVAC Mechanic II. As the third largest school district in the province we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
The HVAC Mechanic II reports to the Manager of Maintenance and the Trades Supervisor –Mechanical and provides heating, ventilation, and air conditioning task with a minimum of supervision.
- Installing, servicing, and repairing heating and ventilation equipment such as boilers, heating and exhaust fans, circulating pumps, hot water tanks, and natural gas and propane equipment
- Repairing and calibrating pneumatic and electronic controls and thermostats
- Performing air balancing of building heating and ventilating systems.
- Performing preventative maintenance by visual inspections as required and also periodically as established by a preventive maintenance program.
- Maintaining an inventory of supplies and materials to complete necessary maintenance and installations.
- Reading and interpreting plans, drawings and specifications of district buildings and facilities.
- Providing estimates and advice on HVAC projects
- Monitoring, identifying and correcting problems in school heating and ventilation systems by means of computerized direct digital control (DDC) systems.
- Supervising uncertified tradesmen when they are assigned to assist.
- Operating power and manual tools related to the job
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- British Columbia Certificate of Trades Qualification (TQ) in plumbing, refrigeration, or HVAC plus Class “A” gas fitting ticket
- Minimum of three (3) years proven experience in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system maintenance including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience using DDC systems
- Recent related experience
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- A valid BC class 5 driver’s license
This is a unionized position which offers $36.83 per hour (40 hours a week) plus 16% in lieu of benefits.
To apply, please click on the following link and create a user account/profile. https://ejp.sd43.bc.ca/postings/Account/Login
Once you have completed your profile you will have access to the job postings
All applicants are advised that they must sign a release to permit a criminal review prior to confirmation of hiring. We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.