Vancouver College, a Christian Brothers School, founded in 1922, is a Catholic school for boys with over 1,000 students from K – Gr. 12. The school is well known for its spiritual program, outstanding academics, an expansive extra and co-curricular program, and high caliber teaching staff.
The policy of Vancouver College is to hire, when available, qualified Catholics, who in addition to carrying out their professional responsibilities, will model the values espoused by Blessed Edmund Rice as articulated by the school’s Essential Elements.
- Contract until June 30, 2021; part-time position for Mondays and Tuesdays
- Collaborating with students, parents/caregivers and educators - requires excellent inter-and intra-personal skills
- Applying knowledge and understanding of preteen development stages and special needs and diverse learning profiles
- Responding by initiating the use of strategies to help students learn in an inclusive classroom setting
- Applying and personally using various technologies to support learning and communication with case teams
- Adapting and modifying student learning materials
- Utilizing social stories to modify behaviour
- Demonstrated commitment to extracurricular and co-curricular endeavours is a requirement
Priority Consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Current pastoral reference confirming that he/she is a practicing Roman Catholic
- Certificate of Qualification issued by the BC Ministry of Education
Application Deadline: To apply for this salary position, we ask that you please submit a resume and cover letter to Barbara Seppelt, Elementary School Assistant Principal, email@example.com, by August 30, 2020.
Employment Start Date: September 2020