2019/20 VINTA POSTING #61A
Applications are invited from teachers with B.C. Certification for the following teaching position:
Port Hardy Secondary School, Port Hardy, B.C.
1.0 FTE Temporary: English 8 and 9
May 18, 2020 to June 30, 2020
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- academic training, qualifications and recent successful experience teaching junior English;
- strong classroom management skills;
- the ability and energy to work with and meet the needs of students with a range of learning styles and abilities using a variety of teaching strategies;
- knowledge of the secondary graduation program requirements, secondary timetable and curriculum;
- demonstrated ability to motivate students and to adjust instructional strategies accordingly;
- the ability and desire to work closely with staff in a team-oriented approach to teaching and learning;
- strong interpersonal, communication and collaborative skills including the ability to communicate well with students, staff, and parents;
- strong formative assessment practices;
- ability to integrate technology to enhance student learning;
- strong interest in innovation and inquiry; and
- ability to embed local First Nations culture into teaching practice.
Please contact Ms. Rena Sweeney, Principal (250-949-7443) if you have any questions with respect to the assignment.
Interested applicants should apply online through the Make A Future website (www.makeafuture.ca).
- Click 'Apply Online' to sign in /register
- Apply to this job posting
- Check your 'Job Application Log' to confirm you successfully applied
Alternatively, you may submit a résumé, transcripts, 3 supervisor references, practicum reports or teaching evaluations, BC teaching credentials, and an SD85 Application for Teaching (available at www.sd85.bc.ca).
POSTED UNTIL FILLED
Please send completed applications to:
Ms. Christina MacDonald, Assistant Superintendent
Vancouver Island North School District 85
P.O. Box 90, Port Hardy, B.C. V0N 2P0
Telephone: (250) 949-6618, Ext. 2229 Fax: (250) 949-8792
Incomplete application packages will not be considered.