POSTED: March 4, 2020
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2020 at 1:00 pm or until posting is filled
StrongStart Program Facilitator - Eagle Harbour
Part-time Contract Opportunity
(Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings)
Effective Immediately to June 30, 2020
West Vancouver School District is seeking an experienced Early Childhood Educator to deliver the StrongStart Program at Eagle Harbour School.
StrongStart BC programs provide rich learning environments designed for early learning development – language, physical, cognitive, social and emotional. Qualified early childhood educators lead learning activities where children (0-5 years of age) find opportunity to make friends and interact with others of similar ages. StrongStart BC is a parent/caregiver participation program which follows the BC Ministry of Education Reflection on Quality Tool.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Instruction, Student Support Services. This position is suitable for someone holding a current ECE license. Proven successful experience teaching young children, working with families and collaborating with community partners is required.
The facilitator will be responsible for setting up, establishing and operating the StrongStart program. The intent of the StrongStart Centre is for parents and caregivers to participate alongside their children in a purposeful, play-based environment. StrongStart BC programs concentrate on key aspects of early language, literacy and numeracy development, parent support and education and community resource sharing.
The Facilitator will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating teaching plans and collaborating with other StrongStart educators in the West Vancouver School District
- Concentrating on emergent language, literacy and numeracy skills in a play-based early learning environment
- Maintaining program policies and protocols in accordance with the B.C. Ministry of Education StrongStart program, B.C. Early Learning Framework and WVSD policies/procedures
- Providing information for new clients and developing social connections for parents and caregivers
- Interacting with the adults and the children fostering an atmosphere of trust and respect
- Sharing parent education and community resources where needed
Required qualifications include:
- ECE certificate license
- Community Care Facilities Branch B.C. License to Practice
- Valid Child Safe First Aid Certificate
- Criminal Record Review
- Experience in creating, planning, implementing and budgeting for a parent participation early learning program;
- Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, community resources and early learning;
- Exemplary communication skills
- Competent computer skills and ability to input StrongStart attendance, registration data
- Class 5 driver’s license and access to own vehicle.
Please email applications directly to Sandra-Lynn Shortall, Director of Instruction, Student Support Services at email@example.com. Closing date for the receipt of all applications is 1:00 p.m. on Monday, March 2, 2020.
Why West Vancouver Schools?
- West Vancouver Schools has a long-held reputation for excellence and innovation
- Join a team that aspires to provide the finest educational experience in the country
- Employee growth takes high priority
- Various professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental plan
- Overall employee wellness initiatives
Successful applicants not currently employed by School District #45 (West Vancouver) are required to sign a “consent for Criminal Record Search” to permit a criminal record review. Only those individuals under consideration will be contacted.