T2021-393 Board Certified Behavioural Analyst (1.0 FTE)
One of the largest, most progressive and diverse urban school districts in the province, Burnaby School District, is inviting applications from Board Certified Behavioural Analysts to join the Burnaby School District Team. In a district of over 25,000 students, that values inclusion, innovation and empowerment, you will be part of a team striving to meet the needs of individual learners.
The successful candidate will:
- Work within in a multi-disciplinary team to support the achievement of students with diverse learning needs, specifically those with challenging behaviour
- Assist school teams in the development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support plans that have been guided by a functional behaviour assessment.
- Assist with staff development activities designed to increase teachers’ and educational assistants’ knowledge, skills, capacity and confidence in using and developing programs for students based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Assist the district to develop guidelines/protocols for working with community partners whose primary focus is supporting children with developmental disabilities and/or challenging behaviour
NOTE: This position will have a specific amount of time allocated to support school teams at the BC School for the Deaf
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) with considerable experience in evidence-based practices associated with supporting students with diverse learning needs and challenging behaviour.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in an educational setting
- Shares a value base representative of exemplary practice in the disability field
- Strong ties with the autism community, behavioural consultant services and the community living field
- Demonstration of excellence in professional and ethical practice
- Experience providing clinical or practicum supervision
- Extensive experience in services supporting people with intellectual disabilities
- Excellent group and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience conducting functional analyses is required.
- Possess over 5 years of BCBA experience.
Your application should include your cover letter, resume, professional credentials, supporting documents, and a minimum of three reference. All applications should be forwarded through makeafuture.ca
Start/End Date: September 01, 2021 to June 30, 2022
Job Type: Temporary, 1.00 FTE
The Burnaby School District embraces diversity as a privilege and a strength. We strive for accepting, safe, supportive, and inviting communities where the goal is for all members to feel a sense of belonging. Our (schools or worksites) are for everyone and we respect each person’s contributions.