We’re always looking for inspiring teachers who thrive in a purpose-driven school.
Langley Christian School is always accepting expressions of interest from teachers who are looking to start a career, restart a career, or change things up a little and join an outstanding team of passionate educators. Especially in the uncertainty of this time of Covid-19, we are anticipating vacancies on all campuses over the coming months.
Send us your resume and we will let you know of upcoming opportunities. We are especially looking for teachers qualified in the following areas:
- High school math and sciences
- Technology, computing, graphic design and media
- Arts education
- Inclusion and special education
- Elementary teachers with strong numeracy and literacy instructional skills
WHO ARE WE?
LCS is a growing, inspiring and purpose-driven Christian teaching and learning community striving to deliver the best instruction and high-quality, transformative educational programming for Pre-K to Grade 12 students. We aim to design experiences that produce graduates who are well equipped in faith, knowledge, competencies and character to transform lives through service and their gifts, and who will go on from here to live a life of impact and purpose in a rapidly changing world.
Our community includes 1200+ students and 170+ staff on three campuses in one of Canada’s fastest growing communities, located a short distance from Vancouver in the heart of the Fraser Valley. Founded with a rich 65-year history, today our families and students represent 113 churches and the diversity of our changing community.
- Evidence of involvement in a local Christian faith community
- Eligible for B.C. teacher certification or independent schools certification
- Training in teachable subjects
- Strong professional references
- Strong understanding of social emotional learning, special education and inclusive practices
- Strong assessment and instructional practices
- Ability to work in a collaborative, inclusive work environment
- Evidence of courage, integrity, transparency and honesty in relationships
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication,
- Technology, web-based and computer skills
- Oral and written communication skills
Teachers are compensated with a competitive salary for our region, annual salary increases, exceptional benefits, a discretionary professional development fund allocation, master’s degree assistance, and a competitive 8.05% + 8.05% pension.
Interested applicants are invited to forward inquiries and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral reference or statement of faith
- Copies of relevant training and certifications
- Two professional references
Posting open until filled.