- completed Grade 10;
- B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyman Painter Ticket;
- demonstrated training and work experience in current BC construction/maintenance safety requirements and WCB Regulation relating to the trade and industry;
- WHMIS Certificate/training;
- valid B.C. Drivers License.
Applicants must be:
- able to work with minimum supervision;
- able to work alone and within a team environment;
- self starter;
- able to climb ladders and work at heights.
Applicants will be expected to:
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills.
The following would be considered an asset:
- two (2) years experience at a journeyman level;
- Fall Protection Certificate/training;
- Scaffold Erection Certificate/training;
- Elevated Platform Certificate/training;
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate.