WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE CISVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Classroom available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
St. Augustine School is hiring a K to 7 French teacher starting in September 2021. This is a 0.8 part-time position for the entire academic year. Candidates will have a background in teaching French and be capable of working collaboratively with the teachers across all grade levels (we are a double-stream school), Education Assistants, parents, and fellow staff members.
The successful candidate will assist with the extra-curricular program of the school and be involved in school life. It is an asset to have training in AIM Language Learning and be proficient in technology and, in particular, the use of SeeSaw and Google Classroom in your teaching.
To learn more about the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT ST. AUGUSTINE SCHOOL
St. Augustine School is a Roman Catholic School, located in Kitsilano in Vancouver, BC, a city repeatedly acclaimed as one of the most beautiful and livable in the world. St. Augustine's is part of the faithful and family-centered community of St. Augustine's Parish and together, we are committed to providing the best possible learning environment in which all students can thrive, grow, and realize their potential as unique individuals, academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. We offer a rich, inclusive, balanced, and faith-filled approach to education in the Catholic tradition that is inspired by the life and teachings of St. Augustine of Canterbury. Our mission is to teach children to be kind, generous and diligent, and to have respect for everyone in society, without exception. We believe that our school is truly a special place where each member of the community -- students, parents, teachers, and staff -- can make their own unique contribution and impact.
To learn more, please visit our website: www.faithandfoundation.com
1. Upload your resume and cover letter to your Make a Future or Apply to Education profile
2. Complete and add all required application documents on your profile
3. Apply to this job posting
Did you know? If you are currently an education student graduating in 2021, you can upload your documents as you receive them and still apply for this job posting.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to email@example.com
On an on-going basis, we accept teacher applications for grade levels K to 12 for our Catholic schools throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River in beautiful British Columbia. All Catholics, non-Catholics, new education grads, and experienced teachers from across Canada are strongly encouraged to apply. Our major hiring season is in April for the following school year, but we recommend that you apply now as we receive an influx of applications.