The Early Childhood Educator works under the direction of the Manager, Tsleil-Waututh Nation Child and Family Development Centre, the Head Teacher and in cooperation with staff to provide quality, inclusive, emergent child care and family support services.
• Early Childhood Educator Certificate and License to Practice.
• Infant/Toddler Certificate is an asset.
• Previous experience working with children in a child care/recreation setting.
• Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate.
• Up-to-date record of immunizations and tuberculosis test.
• Statement from a medical practitioner indicating adequate physical and psychological capability to work with children and carry out assigned duties.
• Willingness to participate in work-related courses, seminars and training as required.
• Must maintain regular attendance and be flexible to accommodate changing schedules.
• Previous experience working in a First Nations community and/or organization is preferred.
• Must successfully pass a Criminal Records Check – vulnerable populations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the Centre meets all requirements of the Child Care Licensing Regulations on a daily basis.
• Plan, carry out, and assess emerging curriculum activities and experiences in harmony with the Tsleil-Waututh Nation.
• Child and Family Development Centre’s philosophy and Schedule D of the Child Care Licensing Regulation.
• Cooperate with management and staff to individualize the curriculum and family services.
• Ensure guidance of children that encourages positive self-esteem.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
• Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
• Self-motivated and proactive when dealing with conflicts.
• Above average ability to work independently, multi-task, time management, organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Why work with us?
Training and Career Development
Business Casual Office
Community Fitness & Gym Access
Comprehensive Group Benefits & Pension Plans
How to Apply
Please go to www.twnation.ca