St. Ann’s Catholic School is located in Quesnel, BC. The school enrolls approximately 130 students from Kindergarten to Grade Seven. For the 2021 - 2022 school year, we are seeking a skilled, qualified candidate to join our team as a 0.35 FTE Teacher, with the subject area assignment of Music. This position commences September 1, 2021. A background in music is required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
• active membership in a Catholic parish
• commitment to excellence in Catholic education
• a valid TRB certification
• a Bachelor’s degree in music education
• experience using innovative teaching methods with both primary and intermediate classrooms that may include remote learning experiences
• experience integrating Catholic hymns and music into the classroom curriculum
• ability to assist with liturgical music and leading the school choir
• experience teaching music to children
• the ability to accompany children with an instrument
• comfort with music curriculum and instruments appropriate for elementary students
• the ability to be flexible when faced with the ever-shifting needs of today’s
• a genuine sense of joy in teaching and learning
• experience teaching students and working alongside other staff in a diverse and
dynamic classroom setting
• the ability to adapt learning opportunities to meet the needs of students
• the desire to provide leadership of extracurricular activities
For further information about the position, please contact Amanda Gilmore at 250-992-6237 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested INTERNAL candidates should submit a cover letter noting their experience, an updated Pastoral Reference Form and resume. Please include the contact information of two (2) current professional references (one of which is from an immediate supervisor).
Interested EXTERNAL candidates should submit:
• a cover letter noting their experience, commitment to and philosophy of Catholic education;
• a CISKD Teacher application form along with its required supportive documentation; and
• a Confidential Pastoral Reference Form partially completed by a Catholic pastor
The CISKD Support Staff application form and Confidential Pastoral Reference Form may be obtained from www.ciskd.ca/careers. Please note that the Confidential Pastoral Reference Form is sent directly from the pastor to email@example.com. Completed applications with supporting documentation shall be submitted electronically in one PDF file to the CISKD Superintendent of Schools, Ms. H. Paluck, at firstname.lastname@example.org. partially completed by a Catholic pastor for all Teacher applicants.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.