Langley School District invites applications for Casual Youth Care Workers to fill temporary vacancies and to work as casual employees. Reporting to an administrator or case manager, successful applicants provide guidance, ongoing assistance, encouragement and support to students in developing and achieving appropriate behavioral, personal and life skills goals.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 completion
- Completion of a two-year Child & Youth Care Worker diploma program (or an equivalent combination of training and education)
- One to two year’s related experience working with families, individuals and with groups
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact, diplomacy and persuasion in frequent contacts of a difficult, specialized or sensitive nature
- Ability to be flexible to meet the varying academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs of students
- Working knowledge of computers
- Physical ability to perform the required duties
Rate of Pay: $29.46 per hour
Please include the following documents in your application package:
High school diploma (e.g., Dogwood) or transcript
Child & Youth Care Worker Diploma or degree
Practicum reports (if completed within last year)
Transcript of post-secondary coursework
Resumé including names and email addresses of at least 3 supervisory references
Copy of valid BC Driver’s License
Recent Driver’s Abstract
Copy of valid First Aid Certificate
Please note that we accept applications only through the Make a Future job board (makeafuture.ca/Langley). You must open an account and apply to the appropriate posting.
We wish to thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal records check.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1 866 806 6851 or email@example.com