The Central Okanagan School District No. 23 (Kelowna, B.C.) is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for teacher on call positions.
- possess a British Columbia Professional Teaching Certificate.
- be prepared to work positively towards the fulfillment of the School and District goals and be prepared to work in a collaborative/team environment;
- be prepared to participate in the implementation of the school level Collaborative Model of Support and work to develop the School District Attributes for the 21stCentury in all students – Learner, Thinker, Innovator, Collaborator, and Contributor;
- be prepared to use technology (e.g.: computers, Smartboards, voice-mail, e-mail, web sites, MyEd BC) for planning, attendance monitoring, communication, classroom instruction and reporting purposes; and be prepared to support the school and district goals.
Preference will be given to those applicants who:
- have two years of successful classroom teaching experience;
- have training/experience in the use of Quality Assessment practices (e.g.: differentiated instruction, criterion-referenced grading, Assessment For, As and Of Learning).
- have Aboriginal ancestry (as per Special Program with the BC Human Rights Tribunal)
Please complete an on-line application and include a cover letter, resume, Undergrad degree and Bachelor of Education degree along with corresponding transcripts, BC teaching certificate, TQS card, final practicum reports, and letters of reference.
Please contact Leanne Zorn at Leanne.email@example.com to inform her of your updated application.