WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY WORK WITH THE CISVA
- Work in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
St. John Brebeuf is an Independent Catholic Secondary School located in the picturesque Fraser Valley of beautiful British Columbia. Boasting a tight-knit community with a large heart, SJB is committed to developing the complete individual through fostered spiritual, academic, physical, moral, and ethical development. Our school community is called to higher academic, ethical, and moral standards, and encouraged to live faith-filled lives that follow Christ’s teachings. Our school is located near many hiking trails and parks, including Fishtrap Creek Park, Maclure Park, Clearbrook Park, and Mill Lake Park. Other popular attractions include the Abbotsford Art Centre and the International Friendship Garden. Learn more about: www.stjohnbrebeuf.ca
St. John Brebeuf High School in Abbotsford is seeking an energetic candidate to fill the role of Educational Assistant at our school beginning in September, 2021. Our successful candidate will be someone who is excited to work with youth in our Catholic schools and is capable of working collaboratively with teachers, other para-educators, parents, administration and support staff. The successful applicant will bring a positive attitude and a strong, up-to-date knowledge of educational support practices. This position will require knowledge and experience in a variety of areas, including the following:
• Working with children, youth, and families
• Sound professional boundaries
• Maintenance of confidential records
• Ability to communicate with the Learning Resource Teachers and the classroom teachers in a positive, collaborative manner
• An excellent attitude toward working in a high school environment
This is a full time position (5 days per week).
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to the school's Principal, Gianni Bittante at email@example.com. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org