Human Resources Advisor
The Abbotsford School District is located on the traditional and unceded territory of the of the Stó:lō people, the Semá:th First Nation and Mathexwí First Nation. With this, we respect the longstanding relationships that Indigenous Nations have to this land, as they are the original caretakers.
Located under an hour from Vancouver, the Abbotsford School District is settled in the heart of the beautiful Fraser Valley and surrounded by spectacular mountain views.
Learn more about the Abbotsford community: https://tourismabbotsford.ca/ - www.thefraservalley.ca
Why the Abbotsford School District?
Every day, in every classroom and office at Abbotsford School District, our employees provide a world-class, innovative educational experience for over 19,000 students. We are committed to ensuring that every student receives the support they need to access the high-quality education they deserve. We believe that leaders continue to be drawn to the collaborative and supportive work environment that we provide.
The Abbotsford School District is committed to a workplace that fosters creativity, inspires excellence, and challenges everyone to embrace growth. The Human Resources department leads and contributes to services and initiatives that advance recruitment, development, engagement, and health. The Human Resources Advisor reports to the District Principal / Senior Manager and takes a lead role in talent acquisition and employee onboarding and provides guidance and advice on policies, procedures, collective agreements, and legislation. This position also manages employee recognition initiatives and carries out the departmental branding and communications plan.
We are seeking an energetic and adaptable HR professional with exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, strong attention to process, and sound judgement. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to manage competing priorities, enthusiastic about innovation, and committed to ongoing learning to support a meaningful employee experience that honours social, cultural, and economic diversity.
- Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration/Commerce with a concentration in Human Resources and 3 years of recent, related experience, preferably in a unionized environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a diversity of people.
- Innovative, motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Flexible, adaptable, and resilient.
- Excellent client service / employee experience orientation.
- Effective organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to process and detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, judgement, and discretion.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities and demands.
- Knowledge of legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices related to human resources and occupational health and safety.
- Advanced skills in computer applications including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams), Applicant Tracking systems, Human Resource Information systems.
- Expertise in social media networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license.
The full job description is available at https://hr.abbyschools.ca/careers
How to Apply
Internal and external qualified applicants are requested to apply on www.makeafuture.ca with a covering letter quoting competition number E22 OPS 001 REG and a detailed resume including the names of three references.
This posting closes on August 9, 2021 at 8:00 am.
Individuals not currently employed by School District No. 34 (Abbotsford), are required to sign an "Authorization for Criminal Record Search" to permit a criminal record review. The interest of all applicants is appreciated; however, acknowledgements will only be made to those selected for interviews.