FRENCH SUBJECT TEACHER
Part-time to begin Immediately
The Bridge Educational Society (BES) which operates both the Okanagan Waldorf School and the new Early Years Centre (birth – three Waldorf inspired care) is seeking a motivated professional to join our team of Teachers.
Okanagan Waldorf School (OWS) is seeking a FRENCH Teacher for our Grades 5-7 Classes to join our beautiful team of Educators, and assist them in shepherding our diverse population of children in an atmosphere that encourages active inquiry, fosters individual growth, promotes respect for self, others, and the world in which they live. This position will begin as soon as suitable candidate is found, and can be combined with other part-time employment needs within OWS for the suitable applicant.
Besides teaching, responsibilities include attendance at regular department and faculty meetings, committee work, lesson planning, participation in the planning and implementation of festivals, preparing written student reports, and meeting with parents. The successful candidate will have strong classroom management skills, will have the ability to build professional relationships with parents, faculty and staff, and will enthusiastically join the collaborative work of our school.
- ●Have obtained or have the ability to obtain Certification under the BC Teachers Regulation Branch
- ●Motivated by curriculum inspired by the educational practices of Rudolf Steiner (offering experiences of World Language)
- ●Current First Aid
- ●Applicants that have completed their Waldorf Grades Teacher Training and/or their Subject
Specific Waldorf Training from an AWSNA certified training facility
- OWS will also consider those that are willing to begin or have begun their Waldorf Grades Teacher Training and/or Waldorf Subject Specific Teacher Training
OWS offers competitive wages and a nourishing work environment with a supportive and proactive communication policy. We are currently a WECAN developing school and AWSNA associate school.
To learn more about living in the amazing BC Okanagan area, visit http://www.northokanagan.net/r_recr.htm
Interested candidates should respond immediately with the following:
- ❏Cover letter
- ❏Current applicable certifications/licenses
- ❏Three references
Okanagan Waldorf School Hiring Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org