Competition # 20-27
Teachers Teaching on Call K-12
The Stikine is a progressive northern District in British Columbia that is currently looking for Teachers on Call for Tahltan School, which is located in Telegraph Creek, British Columbia. The school is a K-9 school with a student population of 25 students.
The District requires Teachers on Call to be flexible with teaching assignments and adaptable to the diverse needs of multi-graded classroom students. The successful applicants should possess the following:
- Excellent teaching, planning and assessment skills
- Knowledge of IRPs and Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of differentiated instruction
- Knowledge of experiential learning and the ability to adopt curriculum
- The ability to connect with students in trusting and supportive ways
- Understanding and appreciation of First Nation’s language and culture
Applications with supporting documentation including references, proof of B.C. certification and T.Q.S. should be submitted to:
Tracey MacMillan, Superintendent
School District No. 87 (Stikine)
P.O. Box 190, Dease Lake, BC V0C 1L0
Phone: (250) 771-4440 Fax: (250) 771-4441
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
Posted : September 8, 2020.