We are currently accepting applications for HVAC/Refrigeration Technicians
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or designate, responds to the repair and maintenance needs of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and associated controls throughout the District.
- Repairs, installs and maintains heating systems, including hot water pumps, motors,
fans and their associated controls.
- Repairs and maintains air conditioning and refrigeration units.
- Repairs, installs, alters and maintains electronic and pneumatic control systems
- Repairs, installs, alters and maintains computerized energy management systems and related control equipment.
- Repairs, installs, alters and maintains computerized security, lighting and access control systems.
- Reads and interprets drawings and specifications, orders materials and supplies, laysout projects and reports on work in progress as required.
- Directs, assists and liaises with employees, contractors, regulatory agencies and other trades, as required.
- May on occasion be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or the equivalent
- Valid BC or Interprovincial Trade Certification as a HVAC/Refrigeration Technician
- Valid BC or Interprovincial Trade Certification as a B Ticketed Gasfitter
- Two years experience in HVAC/R and DDC within the past five years
- Current knowledge of commercial heating, ventilation and computer controlled energy management systems
- Physical capability to perform the job duties
- Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver's License
- $31.77 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefits package
How to apply:
Applications should include a cover letter, a detailed personal résumé, contact information for three supervisory references and any other relevant supporting documentation.
To submit your application to the job posting please click the “APPLY” button.
Please note: Nanaimo Ladysmith Public Schools thanks all applicants for their interest in working with us, however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
If you have questions or require assistance with this application
process, please contact the Customer Care department at MakeAFuture at 1
866 806 6851 or firstname.lastname@example.org