CUSTODIAN - CASUAL
There are positions available for Casual Custodians with the Facilities Department. Online applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis as needed.
Reporting to the Principal/Supervisor, and overseen by the Head Custodian, this position is responsible for custodial and minor building maintenance work in the cleaning of the school district facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects building interior, fixtures and windows. This includes garbage removal, sweeping, vacuuming and wet mopping floors. Also, performs some related cleaning duties to the exterior of the buildings and landings.
- Responsible to secure doors and windows in his/her area.
- Performs minor maintenance on doors, windows, lamps, school furniture and other fixtures.
- Overseen by Head Custodian and under general direction of the Principal/Supervisor, organizes the regular work day according to daily priorities. Must accommodate evening user groups.
- Assists with seasonal clean ups which include stripping and waxing floors and washing walls, desks, furniture etc.
- Ensures tools and equipment are in good working order.
- Follows proper safety rules and standards by ensuring the work site is safe and secure, that equipment is operated according to set standards and the proper and safe handling of hazardous materials (W.H.M.I.S.). Informs the Head Custodian of vandalism.
- Assumes the role of Head Custodian as needed.
- Performs other job related duties as directed by the Principal/Supervisor and Head Custodian.
Hours of Work: On an as needed basis
Duties to Commence: As required
Work Year Base: Eleven (11) months per year.
Commencing Salary: $20.88/hr
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Grade 10 or equivalency
- Minimum one year experience in commercial cleaning or school cleaning
- Skill and ability to operate large, self-propelled auto scrubber and window cleaning equipment
- Reading and comprehension of written instructions and safety bulletins
- Ability to work with the public
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to be an integral part of a team
- Must be well organized
- A Criminal Records Search must be completed at the Administration Office and results returned prior to employees starting any position in the District.
PLEASE NOTE: Proof of graduation and/or highest level of education is required prior to commencing work
For more information please contact:
Sabrina Emslie, Supervisor of Custodial, Procurement & Safety (250) 263-6422 or email email@example.com
All applications must be made through Make A Future for consideration for the position or via the website http://www.prn.bc.ca/recruit/support-staff/
If you require any assistance with the online application process please contact Colleen Stewart Executive Assistant Human Resources at 250-262-6008.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.