The Catholic Independent Schools of Nelson Diocese (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
St. Michael's Elementary School (Trail, BC)
invites applications at this time for:
1 After School Support Worker
For immediate start
The Kids Care Centre at St. Michael's Catholic School is a fully licensed facility offering before school, preschool and after school care available for all families in the Trail area. Our programs embrace a positive approach through all activities and we aim to provide an environment in which each child feels safe and supported while having fun. Our goal is to partner with families to establish a strong foundation for success by challenging each child to achieve excellence and be the best they can be. The Kids Care Centre is currently in need of an enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our team and provide dynamic after school care in support of our mission.
Our successful candidate will:
- be able to provide a warm, compassionate learning environment.
- be flexible to the changing needs of the children and programs.
- work collaboratively and supportively with children and families, colleagues and administration in a team environment.
- have problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- be able to foster an appreciation for diversity.
- have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation within a Catholic parish community (preferred)
- Training specific to the role (Early Childhood Educator preferred) with proven experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters
- First Aid Training Certificate is an asset
In order to be considered for any position with CISND, the application must be complete. If you are not able to provide the documentation provide a reason in your cover letter. Do not submit reference letters.
The following is to be included in your application:
- Cover letter
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Certificates, licenses, relevant memberships/honours in professional or technical associations
- CISND Pastoral Reference form (https://www.cisnd.ca/employment.php)
- Post Secondary Transcripts (related to the position)
- Evaluation report from employer/practicum supervisor
Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism or RCIA Certificate.
- Certificate of Catholic marriage, if applicable.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide or complete a valid criminal record check and complete Diocesan Safe Environment training. As well, submit documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada (photocopy of Canadian birth certificate or Canadian passport).