EDUCATION ASSISTANT - Casual
The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District is looking for Casual-on-Call Education Assistants. This position provides support to the classroom teacher(s) in creating inclusive school and classrooms. Casual staff are to be available for work five days per week (Monday to Friday) combined with the ability to travel to any school within the District (from Pitt Meadows to Whonnock).
Cover Letter, Resume, copies of practicum reports and SETA certificate are required to apply
• Successful completion of Grade 12 plus the Special Education Teaching Assistant program or equivalent plus successful experience working with individuals with special needs
•Knowledge of behaviour management, conflict resolution and restraining techniques plus a variety of learning strategies and the ability to assist in modifying curriculum to suit individual student’s needs
• Ability to work harmoniously and communicate effectively within a work environment requiring a high degree of courtesy, tact and maintenance of confidentiality
• Successful completion of Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training
• Valid B.C. Driver’s license
Rate of pay: $28.60 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
How to Apply:
In your application, please include your:
- Resume and Cover Letter (preferably in PDF format)
- All Supporting Documentation
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.