The Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) provides quality education to over 16,500 students. SD42 is looking for qualified candidates interested in working as Casual Education Assistants in our District. The Education Assistant provides support to the classroom teacher(s) in creating inclusive schools and classrooms. The Education Assistant role will vary according to school and student needs as determined by the Principal/Vice-Principal in collaboration with the School Based/Support Team. Casual staff are required to be available for work five days per week (Monday to Friday), combined with the ability to travel to any school within the District (from Pitt Meadows to Whonnock).
The Applicant Will Possess:
- Successful completion of Grade 12 plus the Special Education Teaching Assistant program or equivalent plus successful experience working with individuals with special needs.
- Knowledge of behaviour management, conflict resolution and restraining techniques plus a variety of learning strategies and the ability to assist in modifying curriculum to suit individual student’s needs.
- May be required to have basic signing at a level appropriate to the Hearing Impaired student.
- Ability to function and communicate effectively as a member of a team in the support of complex programs requiring a high degree of courtesy, discretion and maintenance of confidentiality with a wide variety of school personnel, students and parents.
- Flexibility, patience, stamina, emotional stability and maturity to assist students with a variety of challenges to develop to their maximum potential.
- Sufficient physical strength, health and coordination to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Valid BC Driver’s license.
Rate of pay: $30.35 per hour + 12% in lieu of benefits
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by clicking "apply online" below. Position will remain open until filled.
In your application, please include your:
For more information about our School District please visit:
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.