Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education invites applications for the position of:
Payroll & Benefits Support
(Office Support C)
Location: VSB Education Centre
(1580 West Broadway)
Position Type: Temporary
Hours of Work: 7 hours per day
1 Permanent Position Available
(+Benefits & Municipal Pension)
& 1 Temporary Position Available
(+18.6% salary increase in lieu of benefits)
(End Date: August 2022)
In this position, you will:
- Process Extra time, Overtime, Time Sheets, Mileage and other Payroll forms for data entry in PeopleSoft
- Review information submitted for conformity with established regulations, agreements, compliance and reporting procedures; refer borderline or doubtful cases to a superior for decision
- Prepare and batch data for data processing; check and balance payroll summaries for accuracy and correctness as required
- Process information for Third Parties such as Records of Employment, WorkSafe BC claims, Morneau Shepell, PEBT, BlueCross, BCTF Salary Indemnity Plan, Pension Corporation and Canada Revenue Agency etc.
- Assist the Payroll and Benefits Technical Resources in processing and balancing payroll and/or benefits to expected results
- Respond to employee inquiries into their benefits and or/pay related queries
- Process letters and statements and payments received for reimbursements and third-party transactions as required
- Reconcile employee benefits and cost sharing in accordance with collective agreements and internal processes
- Process letters, communication and co-ordination with employees on benefits billing and collection
- Perform carrier and PeopleSoft benefit enrolment and coverage changes
- Participate in review/maintenance and update of internal procedures, templates and spreadsheets
- Perform office functions to support the Division
- Perform other work within the job band as assigned
- Completion of Grade 12 plus up to one (1) year formal training in a business/office program supplemented with courses in the principles of accounting including bank reconciliation and a minimum of three (3) years of office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience using email systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to meet the following assessments: Keyboarding speed (45+ wpm), current Word and Excel (average = +75%), composing correspondence, mail merge and applicable Accounting assessment.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain the Payroll Compliance Legislation course of the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) program.
- PeopleSoft Payroll experience is an asset.
Your application profile must include the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three Professional References (Supervisors only)
**Posting is on-going until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview**
The District welcomes qualified applicants who value equity and diversity as essential to excellence. The distinct makeup of the VSB community strives to support the inclusion of all voices. You may wish to share some lived experiences that demonstrate your connections to our diverse student community.
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, ect.”
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.