CASUAL ON-CALL CROSSING GUARDS
COMPETITION NO: S 22 TRN 007 CAS
Under the general direction of the Transportation Manager or designate, the Crossing Guard safely assists students and pedestrians using the designated crossing site.
- Overseeing the designated crossing during the assigned hours to ensure student safety.
- Obeying all established traffic safety regulations to ensure pedestrians are assisted in crossing roadways at designated locations.
- Coordinating the flow of pedestrians across selected intersection(s) with the flow of vehicular traffic and traffic control devices (where applicable).
- Documenting and reporting any behavioural incidents, accidents, injuries, hazards or suspicious persons/vehicles to the Principal or Designate.
- Attending and participating in staff meetings when requested.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS:
This position requires the ability to stand and walk for up to 90 minutes at a time, outside in all weather, (including rain, snow, heat and cold) to ensure students are safely crossing roads. While annual training is provided, it is expected that good working knowledge of the Highway Traffic Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act as it relates to this position, and District child abuse protocol and reporting procedures is maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Grade 12 diploma, or equivalent, supplemented by a clear criminal record check and must enjoy working with children and families. A valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
The salary rate is $17.81 per hour with an additional 8% of straight time in lieu of statutory and non-statutory benefits.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience by 4:30 pm on Tuesday August 31, 2021 to:
- makeafuture.ca, OR
- drop off to the Abbotsford School District, 2790 Tims Street, Abbotsford, BC between 8:00 am and 3:45 pm, Monday to Friday.