Permanent Education Assistants and Education Assistants Casual On-Call
Recognized for its dedication to inclusion, diversity, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia with some of the highest graduation rates in the province. With a deep history of high quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District is the best place to learn and lead.
As an employer, we provide comprehensive growth, learning and engagement opportunities to the 2,600 committed professionals across the district. School District No. 38 (Richmond) is seeking Education Assistants to provide educational and functional support to students with special needs, in and out of the classroom.
Educational Assistants participate in the implementation of the educational, emotional, social and physical programs for students. The required qualifications for this position are: a certificate in a Special Education Assistant program from a recognized institution, including a successful supervised practicum component at both an Elementary and Secondary school as well as:
- Ability to work effectively with a full range of students, including students with special needs, utilizing specific skills and training.
- Ability to provide intellectual, behaviour and functional support at K-12 levels.
- The ability to use patience, tolerance and understanding in developing and maintaining a rapport with students and in resolving problems or conflicts that may arise.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators and outside agencies.
- Ability to organize workload, work under periodic pressure and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform physical activities, such as, lifting, transferring and assisting students in a variety of activities and providing personal care as necessary.
We have permanent full time 32.5 hour per week positions available, in both Elementary and Secondary Schools, as well as casual on-call available.
The salary is $28.34 per hour, plus a comprehensive benefit package in a permanent position.
Casual on-call is $28.40 per hour, which includes a vacation and sick pay percentage.
Please submit a recent resume along with proof of courses and practicum reports and include email addresses of two sponsor teachers or EA mentors supervisors as professional references.
You may apply by clicking the APPLY ONLINE button.
All interested applicants are welcome to apply, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted