Temporary – Grade 7 Late French Immersion Teacher
Position: Temporary – Grade 7 Late French Immersion Teacher
FTE: 1.0 (0.6 Temp to December 31, 2020, 0.4 Continuing)
Location: Braemar Elementary School
Start/End Dates: Start July 1, 2020/Temp End December 31, 2020 or earlier/later depending on return of employee
Salary: Salary and Benefits as per the Teachers’ Collective Agreement
NATURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Braemar is a triple track school offering three programs: English K-7, French Immersion K-7 and Late French Immersion grades 6 and 7. The school action plan focuses on three main goals: Student Engagement, Student Empowerment and Relevant Learning. The school has fully implemented the Second Step Program school wide since the 2018-2019 school year.
• A Bachelor of Education Degree (Intermediate), specializing in French Immersion Education.
• Successful experience teaching at the Intermediate level.
• Successful experience teaching French Immersion at the Elementary level.
• Native-like fluency in French and English.
• Successful completion of senior university course work in French Immersion methodology or completion of a French Immersion Training program.
• Experience in and knowledge of content and processes contained with the Elementary French Immersion Language curriculum.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS, ATTRIBUTES and EXPERIENCE
• Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and demonstrated teaching ability.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement a variety of assessment practices to measure and monitor student progress effectively.
• Strategies to identify learning difficulties and implement effective intervention to maximize academic success.
• Demonstrated successful experience supporting the success of all learners in an inclusive environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent oral communications, written communication, and group facilitation skills.
• Superior work ethic and social emotional competencies, excellent reflective judgment, and commitment to building effective learning communities.
• Comprehensive understanding of curriculum.
• Confidence and proficiency in using instructional organizers, concepts, and strategies that actively engage all students in learning.
• Ability to positively influence instruction, curriculum, assessment, and social-emotional learning practices in a collaborative environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant computer technologies to teaching and learning.
• Willingness to be involved in professional development, with an ongoing commitment to learn and implement new methodologies and strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff to enhance the school as a learning community.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Possession of a BC Teaching Certificate
• Membership in the BC Teacher Regulation Branch.
• A member of the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association and the BC Teachers’ Federation
If interested in applying, please include the following documents and information with your application:
- Completed application package (please complete ALL sections of the portfolio: Experience, Education & References and answer all questions).
- Minimum of three(3) professional teaching references with names, titles, and email addresses. (References should be qualified and experience educator who have observes your skills and abilities in a school setting/environment)
- Cover Letter
- Final Practicum Reports, or a recent Principal's Evaluation (if you have been teaching for a few years)
- Copy of transcript(s) or grades summary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
NOTE: We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.