“Honouring our Past, Preparing for the Future”
Principal Clayton Grice
P.O Box 167 Alexis Creek, BC, V0L 1A0
Ph. (250) 394-4293 Fax (250) 394-4543
*** Please note that Tl'etinqox School is located in the Tsilhqot'in/Carrier/Sekani Region and we are working with Make A Future to correct the current posting and region error***
Job Title: Adult Education Teacher
Reports To: School Principal
Compensation: Competitive with the local School District #27 Salary Grid (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Benefits: Comprehensive extended benefit packages available
Position Type: Salary
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week
Tl’etinqox School is looking for a motivated and passionate Adult Education Teacher to join our dynamic and energetic team for the 2020/2021 school year. As an Adult Education Teacher with Tl’etinqox School you will have the opportunity to work in a close team setting and engage in Tsilhqot’in language and culture daily while receiving ongoing support and professional development throughout the year. You will also have the opportunity to work in one-to-one, small group, and digital classroom settings. With small class sizes, Tl’etinqox School offers Teachers an opportunity to create more engagement and support for each student in attendance.
With the use of Connected Classrooms, Proactive Curriculum, and Direct Instruction programs, the Adult Education Teacher will be responsible for supporting Adult Students in basic upgrading, and achieving their Adult Dogwood Diplomas.
Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor of Education
- BC Teacher Regulation Branch certification, in good standing, or proof of pending certification
- Criminal record check, with vulnerable sector clearance (within the last 6 months) or ability to apply and provide such documentation.
- Experience and Understanding of Adult Dogwood requirements preferred.
- Technological skills with both PC and Apple products an asset
- Good Organizational and time management skills
- Strong morals and ethics, sound judgement and reasoning skills, along with a commitment to discretion and privacy
- Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of individual students
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to personal and professional growth processes
- Proven ability to successfully work and interact with children, youth, parents/guardians, colleagues, leadership, and visitors in a professional manner.
- Physically able to perform all aligned tasks
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and be willing to work closely in a collaborative teaching environment.
- Willingness to be video coached
To apply, please forward your resume, with references, cover letter and all accompanying documents to Tl’etinqox School via email Clayton.Grice@protonmail.com
Closing for acceptance of Applications/Resumes: July 10th, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.