1.0 FTE Grade 3 French Immersion Teacher
This is a temporary assignment effective Immediately to December 31, 2020 or return of the teacher to full contractual FTE.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor Education (Elementary) with a French Immersion major;
- Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- fully bilingual in French and English;
- demonstrated successful French Immersion teaching or practicum experience with primary students;
- knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum;
- ability to differentiate instruction based on student needs;
- well-versed in and ability to integrate francophone culture in classroom;
- ability to comfortably work with and respond to a very involved parent community;
- ability to encourage the use of French Language as the mode of communication in the classroom and to integrate the language in real life situations;
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of current French Immersion instructional strategies and assessment
- excellent and proven classroom management skills;
- excellent communication strategies with students, staff and parents.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to the Joel Menzies, Principal, Bastion Elementary at (250) 832-3741.
Please submit resume with full supporting documents using the Apply Online button below. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact our HR Admin Assistant Rachel Baker @ 250-804-7841 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline date for receipt of application is: 4:00 pm, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020