1.0 FTE Temporary
(September 2017 – June 2018 with the potential for Continuing)
.2 FTE Temporary
(September 2017 – June 2018)
The focus of the position is on psycho-educational assessments, collaborative consultation, and professional development. This is an itinerant district position.
Reporting to the District Principal of Inclusive Learning, the psychologist is accountable for providing identification, assessment and planning services to students of school age (Kindergarten to Grade 12) when there are serious learning and/or behavioural difficulties.
The successful candidate will be qualified to administer and interpret up to, and including, Level C Educational, Psychological and Behavioural assessments. As well, the psychologist will make recommendations to the District Principal regarding students’ eligibility for specific Ministry of Education categories.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctorate or Master’s degree in school psychology, or related field, with a focus on school psychology, including graduate training in measurement and individual psychological assessments
- Demonstrated ability in consulting with teachers, parents, students and community agencies regarding the nature of students’ strengths and needs, the educational implications, and ways to enhance learning
- Demonstrated ability in collaborating with school-based and/or district personnel to design or implement instructional strategies, and design or implement behavioural interventions
- Knowledge of Ministry of Education, Special Education Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrated ability in planning and presenting in-service in the area of Special Education and, specifically, in the area of assessment
- Current membership, in good standing, with the BC Association of School Psychologists or the College of Psychologists of BC
Professionally qualified applicants are asked to submit the following information to the Human Resource Services Department of the Greater Victoria School District (email is email@example.com):
- A letter of application and comprehensive résumé
- Recent (within 3–5 years) performance report(s)
- Copies of two recent psycho-educational assessments
- Upon interview, applicants will be asked to provide three references
Greater Victoria School District #61, Human Resource Services
556 Boleskine Road, Victoria, BC V8Z 1E8
Fax: 250-475-4113 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Marvella Preston-Bain at email@example.com.