School District No. 38 Richmond
School District No. 38 (Richmond) is inviting applications for the position of Secretary-Treasurer. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and progressive business leader to take on this important and challenging leadership role.
Recognized for its dedication to inclusion, diversity, and strong partnerships with the community, the Richmond School District is among one of the largest districts in British Columbia with some of the highest graduation rates in the province. With a deep history of high quality experiences for students, the Richmond School District strives to provide the best education and future for every student.
As Secretary-Treasurer, you will be an integral member of the senior management team, reporting to and working alongside the Superintendent. You will oversee all aspects of District’s financial matters and also have overall accountability for the facilities, operations, maintenance and capital planning departments. You will oversee all legal and general business activities of the District. As the holder of the corporate record of Board proceedings, you will provide guidance and support for Board operations and governance.
Candidates who will thrive and excel in our School District will:
- Demonstrate a positive leadership record of collaboration and consensus building;
- Possess a deep knowledge of the financial and operational systems that support learning in British Columbia;
- Successfully demonstrate skills in strategic and future planning, including the alignment of financial resources, capital planning and operational practices that will support the educational transformation agenda of the province;
- Be a thoughtful and progressive contributor to organizational decision making;
- Engage with others as an excellent supervisor, colleague or team member;
- Showcase that as a financial leader you are a caring relationship builder, who knows how to effectively communicate and collaborate with partner groups and the community.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the public sector at a senior management level;
- A professional accounting designation – CPA, CA, CGA or CMA;
- Experience with provincial legislation compliance requirements;
- At least ten years management level experience in finance and business operations, preferably in the K-12 sector;
- Experience with support of board governance.
For more information about this career opportunity, please contact Sherry Elwood, Superintendent of Schools, at 604.668.6081 or Laura Buchanan, Executive Director, Human Resources, at 604.668.6085.
Interested qualified applicants should apply online by clicking the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Application deadline is Monday, November 27th, at 10:00 am.
For more information about Richmond School District 38, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/richmond or our website at www.sd38.bc.ca.