School District No. 83 (North Okanagan-Shuswap) is accepting applications for Certified French Immersion Teachers for its Teacher Teaching-On-Call list.
In the North Okanagan-Shuswap School District, we serve just over 6300 students in 24 schools through a variety of sites located around Shuswap Lake and the North Okanagan. We are known for strong academic achievement, a thriving trades and careers program, and a rich culture of school athletics. The school district supports Indigenous learners from five distinct communities, which include the Adams Lake Band, the Little Shuswap Lake Band, the Neskonlith Band, the Splatsin First Nation, and the Salmon Arm Metis Association. A newly developed Strategic Plan prioritizes a “students first” focus on success, organizational efficiency, and a culture of health and wellness as our key goals.
With year-round recreational activities in a spectacular natural setting, we offer a small-town atmosphere with big city services. You’ll find musical and theatre performances, garden markets, wineries, and opportunities for world class boating, biking, hiking, and golf right outside your door. Add in quick access to larger centers and very affordable housing, and it is clear that the North Okanagan-Shuswap is a truly desirable place to live.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor Education with a French Immersion major;
- Valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch.
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- Fully bilingual in French and English;
- Demonstrated successful French Immersion teaching or practicum experience with primary students;
- Knowledge of current instructional practices and the renewed curriculum;
- Aptitude to differentiate instruction based on student needs;
- Well-versed in and ability to integrate francophone culture in classroom;
- Capacity to comfortably work with and respond to a very involved parent community;
- Ability to encourage the use of French Language as the mode of communication in the classroom and to integrate the language in real life situations;
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of current French Immersion instructional strategies and assessment
- Excellent and proven classroom management skills;
- Exceptional communication strategies with students, staff and parents.
Please submit resume with full supporting documents using the Apply Online button below. If you are experiencing difficulties, please contact our HR Admin Assistant Rachel Baker @ 250-804-7841 or email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER