Pythagoras Academy is an exceptional co-educational independent school for students Junior Kindergarten to Grade 8. Our school prides itself on a unique educational philosophy which champions the role of the Fine Arts. We believe in encouraging creativity in our students and consider it to be one of the most valuable and transferable core skills.
Our junior kindergarten program develops in students a love of learning, care and compassion for others and an open and creative mind. Our dynamic early childhood educators provide many opportunities for children to construct their identities socially and emotionally. The environment is designed to spark children’s imaginations and take their passion for learning to new levels. Imagining, trying new ways of doing things, and experimenting help develop critical thinking in children and foster creative problem solving. We value play, creative expression, exploring, and interacting with nature. Our early primary programme evolves through a project based, inquiry approach, which varies according to the interests of the children. We realize the importance of providing a nurturing, safe inspiring environment, rich with opportunities to be open and curious.
Effective Date: September / October 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Job Types: Full-time
Job Description of JK Childcare Director
Supervising and directing staff, controlling budgets, developing educational programs, and overseeing daily activities. The director solves conflicts between children and helps communicate with parents and other staff. The director will be skilled in business, communication, organizational, leadership, and have excellent interpersonal skills. They will also train new staff and hire new staff members.
Candidates must demonstrate excellence in teaching and leadership in the following areas:
- Implements Childcare Licensing Regulations while establishing a culture of staff professional development directly related to students growing and learning
- Promotes a comprehensive range of learning opportunities for students, including social responsibility, fine arts, athletics, global citizenship, and science
- Develops and maintains a variety of effective decision-making processes that build consensus, commitment, and collaboration
- Fosters team building and a culture of continuous learning in an inclusive learning environment
- Observes and supports classrooms on regular basis
- Chief point of contact for all parent related matters
- Provides guidance and information to all parties both internally and externally (e.g. Parents and Teachers)
- Fosters and maintains positive and professional relationships with parents, children, staff, management
- Oversees and coordinates the junior kindergarten program daily operations and administration
- Manages and actively participates in marketing activities and special events, including school tours, festivals and community events.
- Certificate in Early Childhood Education (Infant Toddler License will be a great asset);
- Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations;
- Completion of at least three ECE related professional workshops;
- At least three years exemplary ECE teaching experience;
- Significant administration experiences;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills;
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic at all times;
Salary & Benefits:
- Extend Health Plan
- RRSP-matching program