School District No. 63 is looking for Indigenous Support Teachers to join our On-Call list.
All postings require:
- A valid BC Teaching Certificate
- Commitment to support the full range of student abilities
- Effective communication skills with students, parents and colleagues
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Successful experience with adapting and modifying materials for a diversity of learners
- Working knowledge of using computing technology to support learning
- A commitment to the Principles of Inclusive Schools and Principles of Learning
Specific to this posting:
- Bachelor of Education
- Two years successful classroom experience
- Knowledge of local Saanich Indigenous Communities
- Significant leadership experience, preferably in relation to developing and enhancing Indigenous community and cultural awareness
- Demonstrated successful experience acting as a role model for and working with Indigenous students supporting them in literacy, numeracy and the development of learning and life skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing connections and partnerships with Indigenous Communities and raising cultural awareness in school
- Effective communication skills, demonstrated through positive relationships with students, staff, parents/guardians and the community
- Strong administrative skills to manage the ongoing documentation processing requirements associated with the Indigenous Support Program
IN ACCORDANCE WITH HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION EXEMPTION SECTION 19(2), PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICANTS WITH INDIGNEOUS ANCESTRY WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL HISTORY AND CULTURE, THE APPLICANT MUST BE ABLE TO RELATE POSITIVELY WITH THE INDIGENOUS COMMUNITY ON A DAILY BASIS.
This posting is open to both internal and external candidates. External candidates can apply online via Make a Future www.makeafuture.com or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates in advance for applying, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All postings close at 10:00 am on the listed closing date unless otherwise specified.