Work in BC’s most culturally diverse and urban school district, Vancouver School District No. 39. Set in one of the world’s most livable cities, Vancouver is a community-minded district seeking talented educators, progressive leaders, and skilled support staff to enrich the learning experience of Vancouver’s 50,000 students.
The Vancouver Board of Education welcomes applications for the position of:
ITA - Technology Deployment/Support
(Information Technology Support A)
Department: Learning Information Technology (LIT)
Location: VSB Education Centre (1580 West Broadway)
Position Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 7 hours/day
Salary: $53,944 (+ extensive benefits package)
In this role, you will:
- Provide IT support either working remotely or onsite in District and school locations
- Receive phone calls, emails, walk-ups and online submissions and records, categorizes, prioritizes, and assign requests for technical services
- Provide first/second level technical support, troubleshooting and training services to staff/students and team members via phone, remote control or on site
- Determine nature of request through active listening, asking probing questions, using multiple computer applications to determine clients’ needs to ensure accurate information is collected, perform troubleshooting steps and work toward first level resolution
- Install and configure computer and mobile technologies, system and application software, servers, network equipment, printers, scanners, and other technologies in schools and District locations
- Create and deploy software system and application packages
- Provide feedback on applications and system features, advise on use and implement and support as directed
- Identify problems, monitor, administer and problem solve various system, network, and operational issues
- Prepare and maintain records and statistics
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers
- Perform information technology functions to support the division
- Perform other duties in the job band as assigned
- Minimum 2 year diploma in a relevant technology discipline or equivalent training and certification
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a relevant computer/technology discipline
- Skill in implementing, problem solving, and supporting Apple and Microsoft computer, mobile, directory, server, printing technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Skill in supportively answering and responding to phone calls and emails.
- Skill in implementing, problem solving, supporting network technologies, and repairing computer technologies.
- Experience working in a K-12 education organization an asset
- Candidate must demonstrate three core competencies (Collaboration, Communication for Results, Problem Solving) and two role specific competencies, (Initiative, Information System Knowledge) at the basic level.
- Must be able to meet the following assessment: Hands-on 1-hour series of tasks/problems (70%+)
- Must have a valid B.C. driver’s license, access to a vehicle and be willing to travel throughout the district
Your application must include:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three supervisor references (phone numbers and email addresses)
**This posting is ongoing until filled. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding an interview**
MAKE A FUTURE APPLICATION PROCESS
- If you do not have a profile on Make a Future, please create a profile under the category, “ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc.”
- Once you have created your profile then, while you are logged in, please search this ad again and then click the "apply now" button at the end of this ad. You will then be able to apply and upload any supporting documents to the competition and answer the job posting questions.
- You will automatically receive an email from this website letting you know your application to the competition has been received.