Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to over 22,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an ongoing posting. Ongoing postings are not indicative of an immediate vacancy. This allows you to apply to this specific posting for future consideration.
We invite applications for:
As part of a team of skilled trades persons, this position provides carpentry services to 45 schools and District facilities, including installation, repair and maintenance of buildings, furniture and fixtures.
Applicants will possess the following qualifications:
- B.C. or Interprovincial Journeyman Carpenter Ticket;
- Demonstrated training and work experience in current B.C. construction and maintenance safety requirements and WorkSafe BC regulations relating to the trade and industry;
- WHMIS Certificate;
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License.
Applicants must be:
- able to work with minimum supervision;
- able to work alone and within a team environment;
- self motivated;
- able to climb ladders and work at heights.
Applicants will be expected to:
- have knowledge of current construction safety practices;
- possess the physical condition and health to carry out the required duties of this position in a safe and efficient manner;
- maintain good interpersonal skills;
- have good verbal and written communication skills.
The following would be considered an asset:
- two (2) years experience at a journeyman level in maintenance/construction practices and procedures in a commercial environment;
- Fall Protection Certificate/training;
- Scaffold Erection Certificate/training;
- First Aid Level 2 Certificate.
Carpenters are offered an hourly wage rate of $31.05.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.makeafuture.ca
Please include a cover letter and a detailed resume, including three (3) professional references (names and phone numbers) and copies of your trade certificate(s) and Driver’s License.
School District 23 thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.