We are looking for dependable, caring individuals to add to our on call Student Supervisor list. This position is one hour each day when schools are in session (five hours per week).
Under the supervision of the school principal you will monitor, supervise, and direct students during lunch or after school. You will deal with minor first-aid cases as required, report incidents and complete required incident reports, traffic violation reports, infractions or safety concerns as and when required.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Noon Hour Supervisor
- Provide student supervision including monitoring student activities and behaviours to ensure student safety at all times, and assist in minor first-a ids as and when required.
- Assist with the care of Special Needs students .
- Communicate with students, staff and others.
- Monitor student behavior, maintain order in the bus area, ensure that the students get onto the correct bus, and assist with the care of Special Needs students.
- Check on students still awaiting pick-up after the buses have left.
- Communicate with students, staff and parents and assist with phone calls for students who are still awaiting pick- up as required.
Adult Crossing Guard
- Escort, assist, and ensure the safety of students at designated crossings.
- Control traffic using approved methods (stop sign, traffic cones, etc.)
- Utilize required Personal Protective Equipment (vest, hard hat, reflective arm bands, etc.)
- Consistently demonstrate a courteous approach when communicating with students, staff, parents, and motorists.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations and the completion of required safety training.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Grade 12, six (6) months previous experience in dealing with children such as volunteering or parenting and good communication and interpersonal skills.
This is a union position, CUPE Local 5523 and the hourly rate of pay is $21.74 plus 9% in lieu of vacation and statutory holiday pay.