A Great Place to Learn!
School District No. 22 (Vernon) is currently accepting applications for casual, on call bus drivers.
This is an on-call, as required position, with the potential to lead to full time and permanent employment.
Incumbents have the potential to work a five-day, 30 hour week.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Manager of Transportation Services - the successful incumbent will be responsible for the loading, unloading, transport and supervision of passengers. Maintaining bus cleanliness, conducting pre/post trip safety inspections and completing associated records.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Provincial Class II driver’s license with an air brake endorsement.
- A driver’s abstract is required for the employer to assess the driving record of the applicant.
- Preference will be given to applicants with professional driving experience.
- Grade 12
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- This position requires a conscientious driver with the ability to transport students safely and efficiently.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate superior interpersonal skills, have the ability to build rapport with students, and must be able to deal with challenging student behaviour in a calm, controlled and professional manner.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate sound judgement as required when making driving decisions under various road conditions and when dealing with student behaviour.
This is a unionized position, CUPE Local 5523 and the hourly rate of pay is $27.00 plus a percentage in lieu of vacation and statutory holiday pay.