CASUAL/ON-CALL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
COMPETITION NO: S 22 CLK 011 CAS
Join the Abbotsford School District’s Administrative on-call pool. Assignments can vary from one day to several weeks covering for short-term leaves, special projects or during tight deadlines. This opportunity will open the door to gaining valuable clerical and administrative experience in our schools and various departments and allow the flexibility to apply your skills in a diverse environment.
The School District is looking for individuals who are self-starters, able to manage multiple priorities in a professional, efficient and timely manner in a rewarding and fulfilling environment that promotes teamwork and inclusiveness.
- Grade 12 diploma, or equivalent, supplemented by completion of a 6-month certificate in Human Resources/Administration/Applied Business Technology, other related certifications may be considered.
- 2 years related experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of administrative practices and procedures including basic bookkeeping and record keeping.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team situation.
Successful candidates will be required to attend a clerical training program within the school district, during which time the hourly rate will be paid at minimum wage. Upon successful completion of training and subject to meeting all other hiring requirements, successful candidates will be placed on-call for work assignments.
Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume outlining qualifications and experience by 4:30 pm on Tuesday, August 31, 2021 to: makeafuture.ca
*The recruitment process includes assessment of administrative skills.