School District No. 83 is current seeking:
For a 0.8FTE continuing assignments effective September 1, 2017.
- Master’s degree or Diploma/Certificate in Special Education with a focus on gifted education;
- valid BC teaching certificate and current membership in the Teacher Regulation Branch;
- qualifications and experience in Level B testing (Master’s psychometrics course).
Teachers applying for this position must possess the following attributes:
- successful recent experience working with gifted students and successful classroom teaching experience;
- full familiarity with adaptations for gifted learners with special behavioural needs;
- demonstrated ability to compact and adapt differentiated curriculum;
- experience providing consultation to classroom teachers;
- willingness to be supportive of the school’s goal of Differentiated Learning;
- evidence of excellent interpersonal and communication skills in working with staff, students and parents;
- experience in IEP development;
- broad generalist knowledge with a program interest in Math, Science and Literature;
- demonstrated ability to work collegially and as part of the school based team;
- current knowledge of and interest in applications of computer technology;
- excellent classroom management skills;
- demonstrated ability to use a variety of current instructional strategies and assessment methods.
Letters of application with resume, supporting documentation and three professional references should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dianne Ballance – Director of Instruction – Student Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
S.D. 83 - AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER