SCHOOL DISTRICT #27 (CARIBOO-CHILCOTIN)
Phone: (250) 398-3812 Fax: (250) 392-4625
Posting #: S-2021-087 PERMANENT
Position: PAYROLL CLERK
Location: Administration Building
12 mos., 35.00 hours/week.
Duration: Effective date To Be Determined.
Rate of Pay: Level 1: 28.16 Level 2: 31.27
- Successful completion of Grade 12
- Completion of the first year or level of a recognized payroll program, or a payroll designation, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Recent payroll experience in a large computerized environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, MS Access, Excel, TSC payroll, FTP and Web-based applications
- Knowledge of and experience with collective agreements, Employment Standards and relevant legislation and pension administration
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional development
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to reconcile benefits to GL from payroll and carrier invoices
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
- Processing a large, complex, computerized bi-weekly union payroll
- Entering staffing changes and adjusting data banks to reflect changes
- Reconciling and reporting leave time, rural days and all payroll banks
- Administration of on-line benefit system(s)
- Entering and verifying data on new employees, ensuring all documentation is complete and adheres to the Collective Agreement and Board policies
- Running payroll, verifying gross pay and negative net pay
- Generating bank deposit reports as required, doing FTPs, emailing earning statements and processing manual cheques
- Preparing month end and bi-weekly invoices such as Receiver General, Union dues, Pension Corporation and reconciliation of same as required
- Responding to and resolving inquiries relating to payroll, salaries, pension and benefits in a timely manner
- Preparing and issuing Records of Employment, completing EI investigations in a timely manner, reconciliation of T-4s, WCB, and WI, as required, reconciliation of benefits to payroll, sub-ledger accounts and benefit carrier invoices
Fringe benefits are as provided in the current Union Agreement. Union membership is a condition of employment.
New applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive resume, including 3 work-related references, via email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, submissions may also be dropped off or mailed to the following address:
School District 27 Administration Office, 350 2nd Avenue North, Williams Lake BC V2G 1Z9
School District No. 27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) is an equal opportunity employer.