The Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Nelson (CISND), hosts six elementary schools, and one high school. The diocese is located in the beautiful Okanagan and Kootenay regions of British Columbia. We are committed to hiring qualified employees who are dedicated to education in the Roman Catholic tradition.
Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School located in West Kelowna, BC
invites applications at this time for:
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Commitment to Catholic Education
- Identification with and participation in the life of a Catholic parish
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others
- The ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and parents
- Training and knowledge in area being advertised
In order to be considered for any position with CISND and to ensure timely processing of your application, all required documents must be submitted with your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed. DO NOT SUBMIT REFERENCE LETTERS.
The following must be included in your application:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae to include list of special certificates, licenses, honours and awards. Memberships in professional or technical associations relevant special interests and activities in which you are prepared to assume a leadership role.
- CISND Pastoral Reference form
- Catholic applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Catholic baptism, or RCIA Certificate.
- If married, a copy of a Certificate of a Catholic marriage certificate
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit the following:
- Photocopy of Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Passport (documentation to indicate you are legally entitled to work in Canada).
- Social Insurance Number
- Photocopy of Driver's License
Angels Academy Childcare Centre located at Our Lady of Lourdes Elementary School in West Kelowna is seeking Full Time certified ECE (Early Childhood Educator) staff beginning September 1, 2019. Angels Academy Childcare Centre will be offering full time daycare, preschool and out of school care.
The successful applicant(s) will be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the preschool/daycare/out of school care programs. This includes, but is not limited to: program planning, supervision of children of varying ages effective communication and collaboration with staff, families and children. Preference will be given to candidates who actively participate in the life of their parish.
The ECE is responsible for keeping with the philosophy of Angels Academy and the Catholic Diocese of Nelson as well as for quality client service to foster student and program success. A degree, course work and experience in this area would be greatly valued. For further information about the position, please contact Our Lady of Lourdes Principal, Kathryn Grootjes at (250) 768-9008.