Central Okanagan Public Schools (School District No. 23), Kelowna BC, provides education services to 23,000 students in the communities of Peachland, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country and the Regional District of Central Okanagan. We are currently hiring:
CLERK-TYPIST/TEXTBOOK LIBRARY ASSISTANT (PART-TIME)
Duties may include, but not limited to: process and circulate resources, take inventory, perform clerical/receptionist and word processing duties, and monitor students. Specific duties will include maintenance of the Textbook resources.
The successful incumbent will have:
• successful completion of Grade 12, including commercial courses;
• one (1) year successful experience in a related position;
• minimum net keyboarding speed 50 wpm – online Typing Tests are not accepted;
• knowledge and experience with word processing skills: Microsoft Office (Word), as well as SharePoint/Outlook.
The successful incumbent will be expected to:
• maintain a high quality of work including accuracy and dependability;
• possess good organizational skills;
• maintain excellent interpersonal skills;
• have current working knowledge of Outlook;
• engage in training related to the Insignia Library System.
• undergo a Criminal Record Check
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a Clerical Test.
This is a part-time regular continuing unionized ten (10) month position, with layoffs occurring during the Winter, Spring, and Summer Breaks.
This position is twenty (20) hours/five (5) days per week, allocating 5 hours/week as a Textbook Library at $21.05/hr and 15 hours/week as a School Clerk- Typist at $22.83/hr, plus a comprehensive employee benefit package including extended health and dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability insurance and participation in a defined benefit pension plan.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply with cover letter and resume outlining relevant background, and work experience, a certified typing test, and a copy of educational certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.