Continuing – Grade 1/2 French Immersion Teacher / French Immersion DOC
Position: Continuing – Grade 1/2 French Immersion Teacher / French Immersion DOC
Location: Dorothy Lynas Elementary School (December 31, 2019 or depending on return of Incumbent) / District
Start/End Dates: Start ASAP
Salary and Benefits: Per the Teachers Collective Agreement
From coastal beaches to mountain forests, North Vancouver School District – “the natural place to learn” – provides world-class instruction and a rich diversity of engaging programs to inspire success for every student. Our six Family of Schools offer 16,000 students a safe and nurturing environment based on trust, respect, responsibility and collaboration. The diversity of our district is reflected in a wide array of programs and services, including our commitment to supporting the history, culture and traditions of our First Nations communities, outdoor learning and a variety of pathways to engage all learners. Bringing communities together to learn, share and grow, the North Vancouver School District’s values of sustainability, inclusivity, accountability, creativity and collaboration makes it “the natural place to work”.
NATURE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Dorothy Lynas is a large, dual track school with school goals of developing students' independence as learners and fostering strong communication and story telling skills. The successful applicant will be expected to collaborate with colleagues and will work with job share and grade level colleagues, educational assistants and the learning services team.
This assignment is covering for a leave at Dorothy Lynas until December 31, 2019 or earlier/later depending on return of incumbent. Upon the return of incumbent, the position will become a District On Call (DOC) Teacher. As a DOC, the successful applicant will be subject to daily or extended dispatches or possible placement into another school based assignment.
• A Bachelor of Education Degree (Primary), specializing in French Immersion Education.
• Successful experience teaching at the Primary level.
• Successful experience teaching French Immersion at the Elementary level.
• Native-like fluency in French and English.
• Successful completion of senior university course work in French Immersion methodology or completion of a French Immersion Training program.
• Experience in and knowledge of content and processes contained with the Elementary French Immersion Language curriculum.
ATTRIBUTES and EXPERIENCE
• Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and demonstrated teaching ability.
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement a variety of assessment practices to measure and monitor student progress effectively.
• Strategies to identify learning difficulties and implement effective intervention to maximize academic success.
• Demonstrated successful experience supporting the success of all learners in an inclusive environment.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent oral communications, written communication, and group facilitation skills.
• Superior work ethic and social emotional competencies, excellent reflective judgment, and commitment to building effective learning communities.
• Comprehensive understanding of curriculum.
• Confidence and proficiency in using instructional organizers, concepts, and strategies that actively engage all students in learning.
• Ability to positively influence instruction, curriculum, assessment, and social-emotional learning practices in a collaborative environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant computer technologies to teaching and learning.
• Willingness to be involved in professional development, with an ongoing commitment to learn and implement new methodologies and strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff to enhance the school as a learning community.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Possession of a BC Teaching Certificate
• Membership in the BC Teacher Regulation Branch.
• A member of the North Vancouver Teachers’ Association and the BC Teachers’ Federation.
We thank you for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, please visit www.makeafuture.ca/bc-school-districts/regions/metro/44-north-vancouver/ or www.sd44.ca.