A temporary part time (0.3) school health facilitator is required by School District No. 60 (Peace River North) effective September 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The assignment will be at Upper Pine Elementary/Jr Secondary School.
Upper Pine is a K-8 school located at beautiful Rose Prairie, minutes north of Fort St John. We enroll 200 students, 25% of whom are First Nations and 25% who are English as a second language. We have 12 teachers, 12 support staff, a principal, a Reading Recovery teacher and a teacher-librarian. Our school enjoys itinerant access to a range of services including counselling and ELL. Our facility is very attractive and welcoming to children and parents alike. See www.pine.prn.bc.ca for more information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Valid BC Ministry of Education Teaching Certificate (or eligible for)
- Experience with adapting and modifying curriculum to meet the needs of students
- Degree in education, or health and recreation-related fields (preferred but not required)
- Well-connected in the community
- Minimum one-year experience in health promotion, education, physical activity, or nutrition.
- Experience working with K-12 children an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and confidence to present to stakeholders .
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time-management skills (Seven Habits training preferred).
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team with diverse stakeholders.
- Works well with minimal supervision and demonstrates strong initiative.
- Ability to organize and facilitate effective meetings.
- Strong motivational, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
Interested applicants are required to supply
- Three (3) references
- Verification of qualifications (BC Teacher Certificate)
- $2000 relocation allowance for teachers from BC, AB and Yukon and up to $4000 for teachers from other areas
- $2,570 recruitment allowance (paid over 10 months of the school year, based on the FTE)
- Salary as per collective agreement. Current salary grid is $48,657 - $91,278
- Benefits as per collective agreement with option to enroll in medical, dental, extended health, and group life insurance. Benefits are employer paid based on FTE
- Isolation allowance of $245.43 paid over 10 months
For more information please contact:
Melody Braun, Principal, Upper Pine Elementary Jr/Secondary 250.827.3691 or email@example.com
All applications with relevant documentation must be made through
Make A Future for consideration for the position
About School District 60
School District 60 is noted for innovative educational practices and excellent cooperative relationships between all educational partners. Our district is made up of dedicated, energetic professionals for whom the achievement and well-being of their students is a first priority. Together we challenge, encourage and support all learners to be responsible for developing their abilities with respect for self, others and the environment.
School District 60 is progressive and growing. There are 22 schools in School District No. 60 (Peace River North). The district’s schools provide education services to approximately 6000 ethnically and demographically diverse students.
School District 60 is located on the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in the northern tip of the Canadian Prairies in beautiful Fort St. John, BC. Fort St John is 478 km northeast of Prince George and 1,237 km north of Vancouver, situated near the border with neighbouring Alberta, 214 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. The region’s economy is prosperous and expanding. Fort St John is a city for all seasons and year-round playground for those who like pristine wilderness, an active lifestyle, cosmopolitan city life and the enthusiasm of an energetic community.
Why School District 60
- Professional development opportunities
- Supportive culture of teacher collaboration
- Curriculum and teacher supports
- French Immersion, music, & outdoor education programs
- Advanced technology facilities and resources
- Progressive and growing district
- Innovative educational practices
School District No. 60 (Fort St John)
10112 105 Avenue, Fort St John, BC V1J 4S4