Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Victoria (CISDV)
The Diocese of Victoria is searching for a dynamic individual for the position of Superintendent of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Diocese of Victoria (CISDV), with duties to commence August 1st, 2021. Our Catholic Schools are located on beautiful Vancouver Island in British Columbia, from Victoria to Port Alberni, and serve approximately 1,600 students in 5 schools (3 elementary, 1 elementary/middle, and 1 high school).
We are seeking a practicing Catholic who will lead with visionary impact, guide our schools with a strong Catholic identity, strive for academic excellence, and nurture a safe and caring environment. Our Catholic Schools pride themselves on engaging learners with a dedicated staff who provide high-quality educational experiences for all students. The successful candidate will have the ability to improve student achievement, provide leadership, manage employees for success, and communicate openly and clearly with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate should:
- be an active member of a Catholic parish community who understands integrating the Catholic Worldview and values throughout the learning experience
- demonstrate exceptional collaborative leadership ability
- possess effective communication, interpersonal, and public relations skills
- have the ability to lead, attract, recruit and retain high quality Catholic school employees
- be a person of integrity, have a strong moral character and a high level of energy
- have demonstrated successful administrative experience and commitment to the aims and goals of Catholic Education
- possess a Master’s Degree or higher (preferably in educational administration)
- possess a BC teaching certificate (or be eligible for one)
A full description of the role of the Superintendent is available at: https://www.cisdv.bc.ca/media/user/docs/Policy_Manual/Nov_2016_300s/301_Superintendent_Role_Mar_2012.pdf
Interested applicants are invited to forward a cover letter, a current resume, two letters of reference, and a letter of recommendation from their pastor by February 8, 2021 to:
Diocese of Victoria – Superintendent Search Committee
Attention: Fr. William Hann, Episcopal Vicar for Catholic Schools
4044 Nelthorpe Street
Victoria, BC V8X 2A1
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.