WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia has to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many school and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY WORK WITH THE CISVA
- Work in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
ABOUT [SCHOOL NAME]
[Example] St. Patrick's Elementary in located in the heart of Maple Ridge. We are a small tight knit community dedicated to teaching our students the importance of being a well rounded student and sharing our faith.
Learn more about us: www.stpatsschool.org
Notre Dame Regional Secondary School is looking to hire a full time Education Assistant for the upcoming school year. Notre Dame is a Catholic coed grade 8-12 learning community, and a member of the Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese.
Education Assistants (EAs) Responsibilities
- Work with teachers to provide individualized support for students with special needs in the classroom who require adaptations and/or modifications.
- Have a working knowledge of the IEP Goals, Objectives and Strategies.
- Provide in class, small group or one-on-one support to enable students to reach their IEP goals
- Implement strategies as outlined in the IEP
- adaptations to support on task, respectful behaviour
- adaptations/modifications of lesson presentation, assignments, and assessments
- adaptations to support preparedness for class (all required materials), completion of homework and studying for tests
Regular consultation with classroom teachers
- Request assignments and tests in advance so that there is sufficient time to make adaptations/modifications if necessary
- Collaborate to find ways to best support students
Regular consultation with Student Resource Department Head
- Let the department head know as soon as possible about any questions, concerns or challenges regarding students, teachers and/or parents
Regular communication with parents
- Email/phone communication of daily updates/concerns (report this information to the department head)
School Based Team
- Plan for, organize and access support services for students with special needs
- Implementation of IEPs; Report on progress (IEP goals) and provided feedback about implementation of strategies
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, Catholic Pastoral Reference (see below), and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject Education Assistant Application. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants)
- Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)
***For the Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic Applicants) and Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference you must download the appropriate form, provide to your Pastor for signing, and have them submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org