(Structural Maintenance Department)
1 Full-time CUPE Position
Spread across one of the largest and fastest-growing cities in British Columbia, Surrey Schools is the city's second largest employer. Located on Canada's spectacular West Coast and nestled in the southwest corner of Green Timbers Urban Forest, we are just 30 minutes southeast of the city of Vancouver. Surrey Schools is the largest and fastest growing public school district in BC, and with 140 sites across 328km2, most of our staff are able to work close to home. The Surrey School District team of approximately 11,000 employees works tirelessly every day to ensure that children are getting the best start they can, providing the preparation to be our leaders of tomorrow.
Reporting to the Manager of Structural/Plumbing Maintenance. This position will be responsible for providing technical and building information support to ensure maintenance program and projects adhere to applicable codes, by-laws & regulations. This position communicates between internal and external consultants/contractors/suppliers to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
Applicants must have:
- High proficiency in AutoCAD. Revit an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of computer operations and software applications related to work performed.
- Sound knowledge of BC Building Code and other applicable entities.
- Sound knowledge of construction assemblies, processes and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet multiple and competing deadlines as well as respond to time-oriented emergencies.
- Good interpersonal skills and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous Project Management experience an asset.
Possession of an accredited degree, diploma or certificate of technology from a recognized technical institute or university is required. The candidate must be eligible for registration as an Applied Science Technologist (A.Sc.T) or Architectural Technologist (AT-BC) in British Columbia. Minimum three years related work experience.
Valid and current BC Driver’s License (Class 5).
This is a unionized position that offers a 37.5 hour work week with an hourly wage rate of $32.92, plus a liberal benefit package including Municipal Pension, health, vacation and sick benefits. Typical hours offer a shift of 7am-3pm, Monday to Friday.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply clicking "apply online" below. Be sure to upload resume and cover letter. This competition will remain open until filled.
Note: The successful applicant is required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only applicants selected for interviews are contacted.